This internship position will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit finance, an understanding of business software, research and problem solving.
Audubon Society of Rhode Island seeks a finance intern at our headquarters in Smithfield, Rhode Island. This is an unpaid internship for approximately 6 hours per week for 3 months. The selected candidate will gain experience in book-keeping, financial administration and record-keeping.
You Will Gain Experience In:
- Working in a complex non-profit environment.
- Resolving errors and issues.
- Working with accounting software.
- Conducting research and developing system-wide recommendations.
- GPA of 3.5 of better
- Computer literate and detail oriented
- Strong understanding of business software
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Consistent availability on a regular schedule
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
Hours: 6-10 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office.
Compensation: This is an unpaid / volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to Jon Scoones at email@example.com or by filling our our volunteer application.
Audubon Environmental Education Center
Visit Rhode Island's largest nature center and aquarium!
The challenges affecting today’s environment are on the rise. To remain a strong, independent voice for nature, we need a secure source of revenue. Our goal is to make Audubon invincible.