Program and Transportation Scholarships
Thank you for your interest in an education program with the Audubon Society of Rhode Island. We understand that a field trip is often out of reach for many schools due to the cost of transportation and limited budgets. Thanks to the generosity of Audubon supporters, there are financial aid opportunities available.
Program scholarships are currently available on a case-by-case basis. Every request will be considered. Learn more about Audubon school program offerings.
If your school is participating in a program at the Audubon Nature Center and Aquarium or one of our other wildlife refuges around the state, you are eligible for up to $300 reimbursement to be applied towards the cost of your bus. All schools qualify for transportation grants.
How To Apply:
- To apply online, please fill out the form below and click "submit".
- To apply by mail, email or fax, download a PDF copy of our Scholarship Application.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: 401-245-9339
- Mail to:
Audubon Society of Rhode Island
1401 Hope Street, Bristol, RI 02809
Terms and Conditions
- The funding is offered on a case-by-case basis.
- Scholarships may vary in amount depending on the school/group needs.
- Transportation funding may only be used for bus transportation and cannot be applied towards program fees.
- Scholarship applications must be completed by the teacher/program organizer.
- You will receive confirmation for the amount of funding you will receive within two weeks of receipt of your scholarship application.
- Teachers/program organizers are in charge of all scheduling and logistics with the bus company.
- A transportation invoice from the bus company MUST be submitted to Audubon’s Education Department within a month after the scheduled program.
- Audubon will mail a check to the school for the predetermined amount only AFTER an invoice is received and the program has taken place. Checks cannot be mailed to the bus company.
For questions or concerns, please contact Lauren Parmelee, Senior Director of Education at email@example.com or 401-245-7500 x3111.
Apply for Scholarship(s) Today
Providence Stormwater Innovation Center
Roger Williams Park is home to the new Providence Stormwater Innovation Center (PSIC). The Innovation Center has been developed by the Audubon Society of Rhode Island and its partners! Learn more about the nature-based solutions we are using to learn about and protect urban water quality.