The Audubon Nature Center and Aquarium
Claire D. McIntosh Wildlife Refuge
and the Nature Center and Aquarium
Address: 1401 Hope Street, Bristol, RI
Phone: (401) 949-5454
Hours: Refuge open sunrise to sunset. Click here for Audubon Nature Center and Aquarium hours.
Trails: Less than 1 mile
Trail Difficulty: easy, handicapped-accessible trail
The fields, woods, wetlands and winding boardwalk to the shore of Narragansett Bay present visitors to the Claire D. McIntosh Wildlife Refuge with a wide variety of habitats for nature study and observation. This property is also home to Audubon's award-winning Nature Center and Aquarium, where walks, shore programs, lectures and family events are offered year-round.
- Habitat: fields, forest, fresh and saltwater marshes, rocky shore
- Wildlife to watch for: painted turtle, snapping turtle, frog, muskrat, fox
- Birds commonly found: Osprey, Green Heron, Wild Turkey, Red-tailed Hawk
- Offerings: Birdwatching, Summer Camps, Nature Center, Programs, Snowshoeing/cross-country skiing, Restroom
- Features award-winning Nature Center and Aquarium
- Boardwalk through fresh and saltwater marshes leads to Narragansett Bay
- Pollinator Garden (new in 2018)
- Picnic Tables
- Located along the East Bay Bike Path with an access point to the trails and Nature Center
- Available for birthday parties, weddings and facility rentals. Contact Anne DiMonti at email@example.com or (401) 949-5454 x3116, or click here to learn more!