The Audubon Nature Center and Aquarium
Audubon Wildlife Refuges remain open (subject to change). Please review our trail safety guidelines before your visit.
Claire D. McIntosh Wildlife Refuge
and the Nature Center and Aquarium
Address: 1401 Hope Street, Bristol, RI
Phone: (401) 949-5454
Hours: Refuge open sunrise to sunset. Click here for Audubon Nature Center and Aquarium hours.
Trails: Less than 1 mile
Trail Difficulty: easy, handicapped-accessible trail
Are Dogs Allowed? No - click here to learn why and review other trail guidelines.
The fields, woods, wetlands and winding boardwalk to the shore of Narragansett Bay present visitors to the Claire D. McIntosh Wildlife Refuge with a wide variety of habitats for nature study and observation. This property is also home to Audubon's award-winning Nature Center and Aquarium, where walks, shore programs, lectures and family events are offered year-round.
- Habitat: fields, forest, fresh and saltwater marshes, rocky shore
- Wildlife to watch for: painted turtle, snapping turtle, frog, muskrat, fox
- Birds commonly found: Osprey, Green Heron, Wild Turkey, Red-tailed Hawk
- Offerings: Birdwatching, Summer Camps, Nature Center, Programs, Snowshoeing/cross-country skiing, Restroom
- Features award-winning Nature Center and Aquarium
- Boardwalk through fresh and saltwater marshes leads to Narragansett Bay
- Pollinator Garden (new in 2018)
- Picnic Tables
- Located along the East Bay Bike Path with an access point to the trails and Nature Center
- Available for birthday parties, weddings and facility rentals. Contact Anne DiMonti at firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 949-5454 x3116, or click here to learn more!