Touisset Marsh Wildlife Refuge
Address: 99 Touisset Road, Warren, RI 02885
Hours: Open sunrise to sunset
Trails: 1 mile
Trail Difficulty: easy, but can be seasonally wet and muddy
Dogs are prohibited. Click here to learn why and review other trail guidelines.
The Touisset Marsh Wildlife Refuge offers picturesque views of the Kickemuit River that are well worth the trip. The property is full of hardwood forests and fields of flowers that attract butterflies in the summer months. The shorter length and flat terrain make this an easy stroll for children and families. In addition to hiking and bird watching, it is an ideal destination in the winter months for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
- Habitat: hardwood forests, open fields, salt marsh
- Wildlife to watch for: deer, red fox, harbor seal (off shore)
- Birds commonly found: Eastern Bluebird, American Woodcock, Great Egret, Osprey, Snowy Egret, American Redstart, Common Yellowthroat, Indigo Bunting, Tree Swallows
- Offerings: Birdwatching, Snowshoeing/cross-country skiing
- Scenic views of Kickemuit River and salt marsh areas