Help birds and wildlife with a tax-free gift from your IRA to Audubon Society of Rhode Island.
To make an IRA gift to Audubon, you need to:
- Be age 70½ or older
- Give any amount up to $100,000 from your IRA
- Transfer funds directly from a traditional or rollover IRA
- Transfer the gift outright to Audubon—rollovers to a gift annuity or charitable remainder trust are not eligible for tax benefits
Why should I make a gift from my IRA?
- Tax benefits: A charitable gift transferred from your IRA directly to Audubon will not be taxed and will qualify for the required minimum distribution (RMD), maximizing benefits to both you and Audubon.
- Ease: You do not need an attorney to make this gift. Simply contact your fund administrator. Audubon’s tax ID number is 05-0265675.
- Flexibility: An IRA gift can be directed to unrestricted support for Audubon's mission or a specific area of your choice.
How do I make an IRA rollover gift?
- Contact your fund administrator or financial advisor, and then call Audubon’s Advancement Office at (401) 949-5454 x3017. Audubon’s tax ID number is 05-0265675.
- Download this sample distribution letter you can customize and share with your IRA administrator or financial advisor.
Gifts from an IRA cannot be accepted when goods or services from the charity are provided.
How do I make a gift by beneficiary designation?
- Contact your plan administrator to request a beneficiary designation form
- Designate Audubon as a full or partial beneficiary of your IRA
- Contact Audubon's Advancement Office at (401) 949-5454 x3017 or email@example.com to let us know of your thoughtful future gift. You may also use this sample letter to inform us.
Providence Stormwater Innovation Center
Roger Williams Park is home to the new Providence Stormwater Innovation Center (PSIC). The Innovation Center has been developed by the Audubon Society of Rhode Island and its partners! Learn more about the nature-based solutions we are using to learn about and protect urban water quality.