Help birds and wildlife with a tax-free gift from your IRA to Audubon Society of Rhode Island.
To make an IRA gift to Audubon, you need to:
- Be age 70½ or older
- Give any amount up to $100,000 from your IRA
- Transfer funds directly from a traditional or rollover IRA
- Transfer the gift outright to Audubon—rollovers to a gift annuity or charitable remainder trust are not eligible for tax benefits
Why should I make a gift from my IRA?
- Tax benefits: A charitable gift transferred from your IRA directly to Audubon will not be taxed and will qualify for the required minimum distribution (RMD), maximizing benefits to both you and Audubon.
- Ease: You do not need an attorney to make this gift. Simply contact your fund administrator. Audubon’s tax ID number is 05-0265675.
- Flexibility: An IRA gift can be directed to unrestricted support for Audubon's mission or a specific area of your choice.
How do I make an IRA rollover gift?
- Contact your fund administrator or financial advisor, and then call Audubon’s Advancement Office at (401) 949-5454 x3017. Audubon’s tax ID number is 05-0265675.
- Download this sample distribution letter you can customize and share with your IRA administrator or financial advisor.
Gifts from an IRA cannot be accepted when goods or services from the charity are provided.
How do I make a gift by beneficiary designation?
- Contact your plan administrator to request a beneficiary designation form
- Designate Audubon as a full or partial beneficiary of your IRA
- Contact Audubon's Advancement Office at (401) 949-5454 x3017 or email@example.com to let us know of your thoughtful future gift. You may also use this sample letter to inform us.
Audubon Nature Center and Aquarium
Visit Rhode Island's largest nature center and aquarium. Walk the trails through meadows and marshes to Narragansett Bay. Say hello to Finn and Atlanta, our resident Red-tailed Hawks.
Bring Nature to Your Classroom
Audubon educators provide high quality, hands-on science programming in classrooms, on our wildlife refuges and at our Nature Center and Aquarium in Bristol.
Download our Environmental Education Program Guide or register your class for a program today!