Audubon Society of Rhode Island supporters care about the environment. That's why the CVS Health Charity Classic has chosen our organization and supporters to #GreenTheClassic by helping to oversee the sustainability efforts at their popular event series kick-off, Crave RI food festival. With your help, Audubon will also receive a $7,500 grant towards environmental conservation!
By joining our volunteer team at the Crave RI food festival, you will:
- Support Audubon Society of Rhode Island.
- Reduce the environmental footprint of this well-attended festival.
- Have fun and feel good about attending a sustainable event.
Volunteer Role and Responsibility
- Shifts are from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Direct attendees on where to properly place their recyclables, compostables and trash
- Monitor your assigned waste station and guide people to the proper receptacle
- Make corrections to improperly placed items by transferring to the appropriate receptacle within reason
- Ensure grounds around your assigned area are free from trash
- Notify advisors when waste receptacles are full and need to be transferred to central accumulation areas
- Engage attendees by encouraging them to post pictures and comments while using the event hashtag #GreenTheClassic
- Provide information to attendees about the benefits of composting and zero-waste efforts
The third annual Crave RI food festival will take place on Thursday, June 20 and Friday, June 21 from 5:30pm - 10:30pm at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in the heart of Downtown Providence. Delicious bites from over 100 local restaurants, samples from more than 150 beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverage providers as well as a variety of live demonstrations from notable local chefs will be featured at this exciting event. Volunteers will be able to enjoy the event before and/or after their shift.
Crave RI Sustainability Volunteer with Audubon
Please fill out the form below to volunteer with Audubon at Crave RI food festival.